About Dialysis Associates
We are a group with a long history in Fort Worth. This is not only where our practice is – but where our hearts are.
From our founding to our present expansion into the ever growing communities that surround Fort Worth – a hallmark of Dialysis Associates has been our commitment to high quality compassionate care for our patients. We pride ourselves on achieving and maintaining this with integrity‚ responsible growth and leadership in the community.
Dialysis Associates (DA) has been a leader and innovator in Nephrology services in Tarrant and surrounding counties. Bringing new technology and services to Fort Worth throughout the years.
1969 N. Kermit Olson as associate of Dallas Nephrology Associates (DNA) comes to Fort Worth and starts delivering dialysis services at St. Joseph Hospital and John Peter Smith Hospital. First regular dialysis service in Fort Worth.
1972 J. Patrick Brennan joins Kermit Olson and Dialysis Associates is founded
1972 Tarrant County Dialysis Center (TCNC) side A is built offering outpatient dialysis services in Fort Worth.
Michael Stoltz joins Dr. Olson and Dr. Brennan and TCNC side B is built expanding dialysis service. This is the first and only dialysis unit in Fort Worth.
1977 Richard Mauk joins DA and together with DNA they jointly open and operate a dialysis unit in Arlington bringing dialysis to Mid-Cities for the first time.
1981-1982 DA establishes in house dialysis at Arlington Memorial‚ Harris HEB and HCA South Arlington hospitals
1980-1984. DA expands dialysis service at All Saints Hospital and HCA Medical Plaza Hospital to be routine service.
1983 DA introduces central venous dialysis catheter (single lumen) and in 1984 uses the first double lumen acute dialysis catheters
1984 DA does first CAVHD and CVVHD in Tarrant County
1985 NMC Southwest opens leading the way for decentralized dialysis care with units in Cleburne‚ Weatherford‚ Granbury and Haltom City to follow. All first for their communities.
1985-1986 DA joint ventures with Harris Methodist Fort Worth to found the Tarrant County Organ Donor Program later to become LifeGift North‚ one of the most successful organ procurement agencies in the world (donors/million/year 75 vs 24 USA).
1986 DA joint ventures with Harris Methodist Fort Worth and performs first kidney transplant in Tarrant County. Transplants increase from 7 per year to a peak of 66.
1986-present DA has been Medical Director of the transplant program.
1990 DA introduces high flux dialysis as a standard of care in both acute and chronic dialysis units
1996 Under DA leadership‚ the efforts of LifeGift and transplant program are recognized in the Cleveland Plaindealer as the most efficient transplant program in that US with waiting times of 51 days for first transplants
2000 DA opens the first interventional Nephrology lab in Fort Worth helping preserve and prolong dialysis access and provide acute dialysis access.
Fast Forward to the present…
Dialysis Associates now has 6 satellite clinics in addition to it’s flagship office at 950 W Magnolia and a Vascular Access Lab.
There are 11 doctors in the group.
And we’re still growing!
6551 Harris Parkway
Fort Worth, TX 76132
1710 Oak Village Blvd.
Arlington, TX 76107
2221 8th Ave.
Fort Worth, TX 76110
11797 South Freeway
Burleson, TX 76028
300 N. Rufe Snow Dr.
Keller, TX, 76248
141 S. Westmeadow Dr.
Cleburne, TX 76033
2025 Fort Worth Hwy
Weatherford, TX 76086
1200 Crawford Ave.
Granbury, TX 76048
4900 Boat Club Rd.
Fort Worth, TX 76135